Carolien Koreneff is a Credentialed Diabetes Educator with nearly 20 years’ experience. She can help you manage your diabetes and teach you more about all sorts of diabetes related topics, including:
- Types of diabetes, the signs and symptoms, treatment and prevention of high blood glucose levels and hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose levels)
- Self management strategies including strange situations such as: travelling with diabetes, sick day management, pregnancy in pre-existing diabetes or GDM, as well as prevention or management of diabetes complications
- Treatment targets and recommendations to help you and your doctor
- New medications and treatment options, the latest gadgets such as blood glucose meters, injection devices and insulin pumps
- And other related disease such as hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol, obesity and depression.
Carolien can also provide counselling, coaching and psychotherapy services.
Contact Carolien to arrange an appointment to discuss your specific needs
Email: email@example.com or call Mobile: 0402 126 212 to Make an appointment
With the combination of her nursing background, her knowledge of diabetes (in all its types) and her somatic psychotherapy training Carolien is able to help you break through some of the barriers that you may face along the way.
My Education and Certificates
My fee schedule from 1st of August 2018 will be as follows:
- New Patient for Diabetes Education (1 hour appointment will be allocated) – $140
- Review for Diabetes Education (1 hour appointment) – $120
- Review for Diabetes Education (0.5 hour appointment) – $80
- Home visits within the Sutherland Shire (by negotiation) – $150
- Home visits outside the Sutherland Shire are available, please contact us for details
- Fees are payable at time of consultation, credit or debit card payments are accepted with a minor surcharge of 3% to cover bank and processing fees.
- Patients will be able to claim back around $52.95 from Medicare (Item number 10951 – Diabetes Educator) if they present with an EPC referral.
- Bulk billing is unfortunately not available at this time.
- Some Health Funds may provide rebates, plese check with your fund is rebates are available to you.
Reduction of fees can be negotiated – particularly for students, pensioners and other disadvantaged people; please contact me for individual pricing.
If you believe that your private health insurance covers you for the diabetes education services you have received but you experience difficulties when you go to claim a rebate from your health insurance fund, you can contact the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman. The role of the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman is to protect the interest of people covered by private health insurance and they have an independent complaints handling service available to all private health insurance clients.
You should provide them with the following information:
- The name of your private health insurance fund
- What if any information you requested from the fund prior to making the claim?
- What information did the fund provide you when they rejected your claim?
Details of how to contact the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman are listed below:
Hotline: 1800 640 69
Telephone (02) 8235 8777
Facsimile (02) 8235 8778